Saturday 13 October 2012

Update on the House - 14/10/2012

So its been a while since my last post and much has progressed which is fantastic great. I have picked up a couple of things as well which I'll drot down so hopefully others wont make the same mistake as what we have. Its not the worst case, and can be fixed, but means a little bit more time and money will need to be spent post handover to get this done.


On a more positive note, I went to the house yesterday and saw that my Bricks were all finished and cleaned and they look great, exactly how we expected it to be. I remember the brickies were fantastic and took there time to make everything perfect, so very happy about that.

The front of the house has also been rendered and the eaves and downpipes have also been installed and fitted. They have also straightened our frames in the house which is great.

The aircon guy came during the week and has installed all the aircon ducting and is look good. I looked at the location of the outlets, and seems good to us. If i think back now, this was not covered off as part of the electrical appoints at the Home Options Gallery.


A couple of teething issues we had picked up was that the rear sliding door in our family area is a single door sliding, and we wanted this to be a double sliding door. So i'll leave this as it is and will get this fixed post handover. I met with my SS during the week and found out that my Garage door is manual, and not automatic :( This was because we choose the base contract price from EBH's, but the contract itself doesn't mention anything about this? Anyhow, i'll be taking this back to EBH, im happy to pay the upgrade fee  but not the fee to raise a PCV now during construction. Will let you know how i got with this.

Also, we went over our electrical plans again and noticed a few things that we missed. We missed a double power-point in one of the bedrooms and forgot to get a 2 way switch in our living room. The SS said he can put some draw strings in place for me and said that getting this done after handover is quite easy.

I'll now post some pics up of the house

No comments:

Post a Comment